Disposable restaurant supplies are the new staple throughout bars and restaurants during the ongoing health crisis. Choosing the proper disposable supplies can be tricky given the multitude of options on the market. Whether your food business is looking for safer ways to serve dinner or is adopting a to-go model, high-quality disposable restaurant supplies are a must these days!
The best way to choose the right disposable products for your needs is to narrow down your selection based on material and price point.
Here we will focus on the most popular disposable supplies options on the market.
- Plastic disposable supplies
- Foam disposable supplies
- Paper disposable supplies
- Green and sustainable supplies
Plastic disposable supplies
Plastic disposable supplies offer a great variety of options for buyers. With plastic dinnerware, cups, and cutlery options designed for casual and formal occasions, it is easy to find the right kind of disposables for any restaurant or bar. And, since these supplies are non-absorbent, leakproof, and durable, they can handle heavier dishes and liquids.
Plastic containers are also an excellent choice for establishments that serve their customers to-go style. These containers can be tightly sealed and can be used to pack larger meals. If you need a time-proven, disposable solution, plastic may be just what you need.
- Low Price: Plastic disposables are cheaper to buy en masse than some other alternatives
- Durability: Plastic disposable dinnerware and cups are relatively more durable compared to other disposable options
- Huge Variety: Customers can choose from a wide selection of colors, shapes, and designs
- Environmental Pollution: Single-use plastics are a major environmental pollutant, especially when they’re not recycled properly
Foam Disposable Supplies
Foam disposable products are an excellent choice for restaurants and bars that prioritize functionality, practicality, and casual style. Foam-based plates, cups, and containers are lightweight, durable, and better at retaining heat than other options. Thanks to their durability, serving large portions or even full meals is not a problem when using foam dinnerware. Additionally, excellent cut-resistance and non-absorbency make these products ideal for serving meals to-go.
However, restaurateurs should consider ongoing campaigns across the country aiming to ban the use of foam packaging and disposable products.
- Good Temperature Retention: Foam-based plates and packaging have superior insulation properties
- Cheap: Foam disposables are less pricey than paper-based products
- Not Eco-Friendly: Foam products are non-biodegradable and pollute the environment
Paper-Based Disposable Supplies
Business owners looking for the eco-friendlier option should consider using paper disposables. Since paper products can be folded or stacked, they are easy to store and require minimum space. Additionally, most paper dinnerware can be microwaved, making reheating and serving easier. Moreover, customers will appreciate your sustainability efforts when they see you serving food and drinks in recyclable, compostable, or biodegradable paper-based dinnerware and packaging.
Paper disposable options vary depending on the specific material and coating used. Coated paper products are resistant to grease and don’t absorb liquids. Uncoated paper supplies are less suitable for greasy foods, but they’re better for the environment than coated products. Supplies made of corrugated paperboard are made of several layers of paper and offer better leak-resistance. Sugarcane paper disposables are sturdy and break down naturally without harm to the environment.
- Eco-Friendly: Paper disposables are often biodegradable or compostable.
- Higher Storage Efficiency: Paper disposable supplies are easy to store compared to other alternatives
- Less Durable: Paper plates and containers can bend under heavy foods
- Grease-Absorbent: Uncoated paper disposables may absorb grease and liquids
Note that not all paper disposables are biodegradable or compostable.
Green or Sustainable Disposable Supplies
Restaurant owners who want to go green and care about their customers should turn to biodegradable and eco-friendly disposable products. Also known as green disposable products, these plates, cups, and packaging supplies are made from compostable, biodegradable, or recyclable materials. Much like the paper products discussed above, green disposables are favored by a constantly growing number of consumers.
Environmentally-conscious buyers can choose from bioplastics, sugarcane, and sustainably manufactured paper disposables. The bioplastics and recycled PET disposables may offer you the best of both worlds: the high durability of conventional plastic products but with a lower impact on the environment.
With a great range of green disposable products to choose from, business owners are guaranteed to find high-quality products that meet their needs.
- Exceptionally Eco-Friendly: Green disposables cause little to no harm to the environment
- Support the Local Economy: Green disposable products are often sourced locally from available materials.
- Popular Among Customers: Customers often prefer green and sustainable packaging options
- Higher Price: Green disposables typically cost more than their plastic or foam alternatives
The options are many. The choice is yours!
No matter if you’re a seasoned professional or starting a new restaurant business, most restaurants are having to do more take-out than ever due to the times we now live. Thanks to an impressive assortment of disposable supplies on the market, restaurant and bar owners are sure to find the solutions for their needs.
Whether you are trying your best to serve customers as efficiently as possible or are going the extra mile to help the environment, you can find the right disposable supplies with ease.