If you thought debt consolidation is the one and only effective tool for debt management and to get rid of your personal debt, it is time to think again. Yes, this is a process that is very helpful where you can borrow more money often at a low rate of interest. You can use it to pay off your small multiple loans.
Debt consolidation will also enable you to roll all your debts into one single and manageable debt. This means you will now have only one monthly payment to focus on which will be much lower an amount as compared to all the other monthly bills taken together.
This eventually means that debt consolidation actually facilitates easy and on time repayments as well as help you to restore and improve your credit score at the same time.
However, there are also a few other ways of getting rid of your debt. For this, you will need to have proper knowledge about all debts, the features and consequences of these debts and even talk to a credit counselor for availing the best option.
Different types of loans
There are different types of loans that you will get from an individual creditor or a bank. These different types of loans include:
- Personal loans
- Home equity loan
- 0% APR credit card loans
- Student loans
- Auto loans and lots of other small loans.
When you take on a loan you must choose the one which best suits your purpose and the ones that you will be able to pay off easily. This is the first step in finance management. In case you are unsure about it, you can always take help of an experienced credit counselor.
Suitability of a loan will largely depend on the available cash and your source of income from one or various sources. Apart from that, there are other factors that will determine which type of loan is most suitable for you. These factors include:
- Your financial condition
- Your monthly expenses
- Your credit score and even
- Your personality.
Apart from that, it will also depend on your willingness and diligence to repay it on time. Apart from enough resources, you must also have a strategic plan in place to pay off debts whether it is multiple or consolidated. Therefore, you must consider your financial strength first to find out the feasibility of taking on a debt.
Talk to a counselor
The next important step for finance management is talking to a credit counselor. This will help you by a great extent as they will suggest you the best suitable and effective ways to get rid of your debt or debts.
Considering your income, expenses and other obligations they will also help you to know the basics of financial management so that you can create a budget. While preparing the budget they might suggest you cut down on the unnecessary expenses for the time being so that you can increase cash flow.
All these tips and suggestions will also enable you to create a fund every month to repay your debt on time.
Apart from all these, the counselors will also help you to create a debt management plan for you. If you are struggling with your debt then they will suggest you the best possible ways to get out of it. The counselors will assist you in negotiating with the lenders to reduce the rate of interest or to get some waiver in fees so that you can settle your debts. However, reading the debt settlement reviews is essential even if you know that you are working with the best credit counselor in your area.
Plan your repayment
When you take on a debt you actually enter into an agreement with your creditor that you will repay the amount borrowed along with the interest charged by the creditor within the time agreed upon. At no cost, you can avoid repaying the loan. That is why it is elementary that you have a repayment plan in place well before you take out a loan as you will have to start making payments right from the following month.
- To make a better plan for repaying your loan you must know the terms of the loan as well. Consider the rate of interest of the loan that you take out through the final amounts that you can borrow will largely depend on your credit score.
- If you ever find that you may fall behind the due date of your loan you must contact your creditor immediately for a negotiation. In most of the times, the creditor will realize your urgency and willingness to maintain a good track record and credit score. The creditor may make some amendments in the loan terms and tenure so that you have enough time to make arrangements for repayment and continue paying without default.
- Consider all your obligations and stick to bare necessities when you find yourself in a sticky situation. Making curtailments in your spending habits will help you to save a lot of money to start paying off your debts immediately.
- When you make a debt management plan you must always prioritize your debts as all the debts do not carry an equal rate of interest. Arrange them according to the rate of interest and start paying more than the minimum for the higher ones while the minimum for others. This will help you to get out of debts faster.
- Choose the secured loans as this is another useful way for debt management. It will not only help you to have more money at your disposal in the end but will also significantly help you to improve the credit score or for more details please visit here.
Therefore, always take help of credit counselors who are professionals in this field. You will have a better idea of managing your finance and paying off your debts. Knowing about the money market like the palm of their hand, they will guide you to financial freedom easily. Just make sure that the credit counselor is accredited and experienced.
When you have your debit management plan under control and need financing to expand or grow your business, Harbortouch offers a cash advance program for up to $1,000,000 (One Million Dollars) in cash advance services. To learn more about all of Harbortouch’s business services, please visit https://www.harbortouchpossoftware.com.